Help! First MBP, Screen Static/Fuzzy

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wingsabr, Mar 12, 2011.

1. wingsabr macrumors 6502

wingsabr

I have a new 17in MBP that I got last Friday. I did a clean install of OSX today and changed my HDD to a WD3200BEKT which is a 320gb 7200RPM drive.

My problem is that I have a mild static on the screen when using bootcamp under win7 ultimate. It looks like static that you would see on an old tv. The fuzz/static is small and I can see it when I tilt the monitor back slightly. Please let me know if this is normal or the beginning of a problem. I'm within my 14 days and I have an apple store right around the corner.

EDIT: I tried to take a video, hope this helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7tKvsb4_Dk

2. hammie14 macrumors regular

hammie14

I remember seeing a post about this a few weeks ago.

I also had this problem on a 2010 MPB 15" normal glossy screen apple told me it was normal. :eek:

The guy was a knob at the apple store and would not replace it, so i got a full refund (within 14 days) and waited for the 2011 MPB, now i have the hi res anti glare screen and its perfect!

I would take it back and get them to replace it

3. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

I have the 15" high-res AG model as well. Funny you just made this thread cause when I'm controlling the Mac Mini in the house that has the 1920x1080 screen, the text is also fussy. My 2008 MBP never had an issue with it but I'm just noticing it today. I thought it was the integrated graphics vs. discrete one but it appears fuzzy on both. It can be clear if I don't scroll, but for whatever reason it just chooses not to finish drawing out the text so that it's clear.

We may be having a different problem though. I just checked Screen Share and it does have the ability to draw at full quality regardless of connection speed.

4. wingsabr thread starter macrumors 6502

wingsabr

Well this is weird. When I pull up this site on OSX, I see no grain/fuzz/static. But when I went back to Win7 I can see the grain/fuzz/static. I'm at a loss...

5. hammie14 macrumors regular

hammie14

i had the problem in OSX so maybe a different problem I had!

6. ozred macrumors 6502

I had the exact problem as described by the OP. AppleCare seemed to be very familiar with it and sent me a new CTO just as I had originally ordered. Expedited I had it in two days. It's a 15" hi-res, anti-glare. This one is perfect. I've always bought AppleCare & found it to be an excellent investment.