Help fix error 3194 on Jailbroken Frozen iPhone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mackahple, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Mackahple macrumors newbie

Mackahple

Hey everyone...

So I jailbroke my phone a while back using evasion. It is an iPhone 4S, running iOS 6.0 software.

My latest tweak installed was ios7 ringtones/alerts. I set my contacts for individualized sounds and when I resprung my phone in winterboard by unchecking iOS 7 messages tweak i had installed, my phone literally became bricked -- with the apple logo boot restarting endlessly.

When I plug my iPhone into itunes, everything works and shows up except that I cannot sync nor backup because 'it is locked with a passcode'.

My biggest problem I'm facing is the error, 3194 which reads ""This device isn't eligible for the requested build", when i go to restore.

I've tried pretty much all the solutions, unless you can think of some:
    -volume up trick
    -i've gone into terminal hosts folder and inputted some codes I found offline and YouTube videos
    -hard reset does nothing
    -downloaded 'tiny umbrella' but it crashes / closes after 'reticulating spines...'

I really don't want to update to iOS 7 because I'm very content with iOS 6.

I've downloaded some firmware so as to restore it for my version, but still nothing works.

Am I stuck with updating to iOS 7 and with the guarantee that EVERYTHING will work and be perfectly fine?

I'm just very flustered and beyond wits' end as to find ANOTHER alternative solution (**not shouting, just emphasizing) :eek:

please help if you can! :)

Oh, and i have iTunes 10 and my mac is 10.5.8.

I know it's not the latest update, but is there a way to use my mac instead of restoring/updating to ios on another computer is essentially my question too...thanks

2. Xenomorph macrumors 65816

Xenomorph

First, why would you have 6.0 installed, and not 6.1.2?

iOS 7.0.4 is the only thing you can install on an iPhone 4S right now.

It runs well, includes a TON of new features (a dozen or so jailbreak tweaks are built-into iOS 7 compared to iOS 6).

Plus, iOS 7.0.4 is fully jailbreakable.

Also, your phone isn't "bricked". Please learn what that term means. If you can simply reinstall your OS, your device is far from bricked.

3. rockitdog macrumors 68020

LOL, this is why I don't even mess around with jailbreaking!

4. Superman80 macrumors regular

5. Apple blogger macrumors 6502a

We'll first check if ur phone is a locked or unlocked one.. If it's unlocked put it on dfu and update to ios 7 then jailbreak it again if u want
    And apple has stopped the update to ios 6 .. I don't know how to do it .. Only possible upgrade is 7.0.4/5 ... U can't go to ios 6 cause apple doesn't allow .. I get the same error

6. Mackahple thread starter macrumors newbie

Mackahple

@xenomorph: reason being, i bought the phone off of ebay and the software was 6.0. while i was trying to update to ios7, it was literally taking forever because my internet speed at my house sucks so i just stuck with ios6. like i said, i don't mind ios6 but if i have to update it's not a big deal. i was just trying to bypass the update/download wait for it and not run into error 3194. and yeah, i'm new to the terms like 'bricked' and what not so thanks.

@superman80: i cant get into my phone...keeps booting apple logo.

@appleblogger: well, it is 'locked' with verizon, so its a locked phone. and with my mac being only a 10.5.8 it only can allow the update to ios6.1.3 which someone said that's the reason for the 3194 error. well, i know i researched trying to downgrade the iphone to previous firmwares, and there is a site which provides the files and a video. i'm not sure if the phone has to be jailbroken or what not, but according to the video, it works. idk.

as of now, i'm just downloading the ios 7.0.4 so i can just use and get into my phone. i just wanted to see if anyone knew any other way to fix the 3194 error rather than waiting hours on my end for the ios7 update.

also, will i lose my data...like pics, voice memos, etc. when i finally update / restore my phone ? thanks guys

7. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

What happened to jailbreaks being superior in every way? I guess you could always contact their support team, right?

8. frrrr macrumors newbie

Apple's support team sucks anyways. It's his fault he doesn't want to upgrade to iOS 6.

The Jailbreak didn't do this, the things he installed did.

9. Mackahple thread starter macrumors newbie

Mackahple

no offense, but it was a choice i didn't want to upgrade to ios7. i love ios6 so much better than ios7. and yeah apple's team doesn't really help.

no i loved the jailbreak and it worked great until what i installed, and it was a chance i took. while we are forewarned about doing it and installing tweaks, the reality is that we will never know what tweak will actually mess up our iphone unless otherwise told or installing it. honestly, i think apple iphones are amazing and yet overrated in subtle ways.

regretting it (for myself, personally), i had to update to ios7 because out of all methods i did and the software/computer(s) i had, nothing worked to get out of the apple logo.

i just wish apple gave a choice which firmware we could choose for our phones though. but thats just me!