Help Fixing Charger Malfunction (best method?)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Wills.Details, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Wills.Details macrumors member

Well from what I've read, I'm one of many who has had this problem.

Seems like the Magsafe is messing up on me or something. I have a mid 2010 i5 4gb MBP. This is the second time the following has happened:

Plug charger in when down to about 30% battery life
    Charger works fine then about 15 minutes in, just shuts off (i'm using MBP during this).

The FIRST time it happened, i shut the computer off and did the "Hold down Control, Option, Command & Power button @ the same time"

The instructions said to press them down at the same time, then release them at the same time, then turn on the computer and plug the charger back in.

Well when i pressed the 4 buttons together, it turned on the computer...so i let it do its thing...in the mean time in unplugged the charger from the wall for about a minute (AGAIN), plugged it back in, connected it to the computer and it started working :-\

Well when it stopped working today i went and tried the same thing but with no luck. And as for pulling the battery, this is the model where they jacked up the screws that hold in the battery and i don't have that type of driver...and no stores near me carry it either.

So, ideas please? :confused:

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

See the link for troubleshooting MagSafe adapters at the bottom of the CHARGING section of the following link. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions: