Help fixing my cracked iPhone 4 back glass.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by eshroom, Sep 13, 2010.

1. eshroom macrumors 6502

I bought this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GENUINE-APPLE...ies_MobilePhoneFascias_JN&hash=item1e5e398965

Unfortunately, it is just the glass without the plastic surround/tray that the glass sits in which in turn screws into the rest of the iPhone. Any ideas how I can get the old glass of the tray and the new glass on? It seems pretty well stuck.

Watch this video if you'd like to see what the tray I'm talking about it and what an iPhone being smashed looks like.

2. cypher23 macrumors member

cypher23

Just take it to the Apple Retail Store. For $29, they'll replace the back glass.

3. KameronBriggs macrumors 6502

KameronBriggs

They don't replace the back or front of the iPhone 4 yet... To get a replacement iPhone 4, it's $200.

4. cypher23 macrumors member

cypher23

I used to work at the Apple Store. $29 and they'll replace the back glass. If they don't have it in stock, they'll order it and you would have to come back to get it replaced. Front glass is different, $199 for a screen replacement on iPhone 4. $99 for 3G/3GS.