Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluetooth

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 1, 2007
Toronto
Having problems with fonts in Quark 5. This is the only App I am still running in Classic. Have all fonts in OSX system folder (no problems in any OSX based Apps).

I copied these fonts and dragged them into the
OS9 System folder > Library > Fonts

Open Quark and only the 3 default fonts show up (I have about 100 fonts that I copied in the folder).

Also, the OS9 platform only has 3 default fonts to choose from.

I checked Extensions in OS9, went to "Base" then to "All" - checked to make sure font extension was enabled.

I am totally stumped...any advice? :confused:

flyfish29

macrumors 68020
Feb 4, 2003
New HAMpshire
Just some ideas...did you restart classic? Assume you restarted quark already- if you didn't quit it be sure to quit and restart as it loads fonts when opening...but maybe OS9 classic booting has to do that as well- can't remember.

Those are my only thoughts...other than get a new version of Quark!:D $$$ though. If you are in school there is a very inexpensive Quark discount for students!

bluetooth

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 1, 2007
Toronto
Hi, yes I tried that. I know I want to upgrade.

It should work though...somehow? It is more of an OS9 issue as the platform fonts are not there either, as in the drop menu bar etc. Under Appearance I only have 3 fonts to choose from but have 100 fonts in the OS9 system folder.

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
Yes, I would check to see that the fonts are OS 9 compatible. We used Quark 4.1 on some Macs on campus (they've at least upgraded to 6.x now) running in Classic and all the good fonts were missing. Come to think of it, even in versions 6 and 7 some fonts (but only a few) are mysteriously missing... guess it's a Quark thang.

bluetooth

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 1, 2007
Toronto
That's messed up. Looks like I may upgrade to 7 and get out of Classic completely.

I would think that the fonts in OSX would also work in OS9? I geuss it is the whole switching back and forth that confuses the system.

If anyone has somehow resolved this please share, otherwise, thanks for the help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.