Help for Batteries: RichardSolo works

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Scott6666, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Scott6666 macrumors 65816

Scott6666

I saw a posting discussing RichardSolo's iPhone battery pack but no one had real experience with it so I ordered one to test it out. I can say that it works well, especially for the $50 price.

[​IMG]

My iPhone had drained down mid-afternoon and I plug the thing into my iPhone. Phone immediately indicated "charging" status and worked as such. Left the battery pack plugged into the phone and within about an hour the battery reading on the iPhone was 90% when I removed the (drained) battery pack.

Works for me. I keep it charged in my briefcase and throw in on late-afternoon when the iPhone goes light if I am not near a wall or car charger.

Very light and thin. Also has the benefit of being able to charge the phone and the battery pack at the same time with one electrical connection.

I recommend it for those concerned about their batteries and being stuck without a phone.

2. slapguts macrumors 6502a

slapguts

3. Scott6666 thread starter macrumors 65816

Scott6666

Don't know how to convince you all but I don't work for Richard Solo at all.

Just saw the info on another thread with everone saying "I wonder if it works or not" so I gave told the thread I'd give it a try. It really has been helpful for me to have an auxiliary battery pack.

I am interested in alternatives to see which is better. I am willing to put mine to competitive tests with other models others might have.

Check out my other posts. If there's something I don't like I'll say so (particularly the MBA!). Let's promote the stuff that might help some people. With so many complaints on 3G battery, people deserve to know about things that might help. This is much better than all those suggestions to turn off 3G and location services/GPS which is what you bought it for in the first place.

I particularly like the fact that it charges the phone so you can take if off once the phone has recharged. Don't know if the others are like that or not.

I kind of like the top one. The lower one only has 800mAh which I think is a little low. The top one has 1,000 mAh which is close to the RSolo model which claims to have 1,200mAh. The RSolo model just barely fill up my iPhone from the 20% level. I wonder if the 200mAh difference with the brando one would just not be enough juice.

Finally, I don't love ordering to the US from the UK if I don't have to. Is only $3 to ship but takes 7-20 days! The RSolo one got to the DC area in only 2-3 days from what I remember. Also, might help to have a US company regarding returns etc.

But then again, I could buy 2 brando ones for the price of a RSolo and get 2000mAh instead of 1200 for the same price.

Anyone know if the brando models:
    1) Charge the iPhone so you can remove it once the iPhone is charged?
    2) Can charge the iPhone and the battery pack at the same time?

Finally, to defend what little honor I have, I did a forum search for RichardSolo and found 4 threads, with one one (this one) actually dedicated to the product. There does not seem to be a lot of Solo posts going around. What threads are you referring to and why so hostile? Just trying to help. :confused:

4. BobbieS macrumors newbie

Please tell how you use this Solo battery and has it been worth buying?

I need this sort of backup. My 3G needs some extra power.

5. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Here's another possibility... untried, untested, your own risk, etc:

Holster recharger

6. synagence macrumors 6502a

I also have the solo battery ... got one about a week ago...

THe battery now can take a 20% iphone to full before the solo battery dies

I think its pretty decent... maybe not the cheapest but it seems to hold just about enough juice to give you another full run with the phone.