Help for friend- Purchased Apple silicone case; peels off

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by SYMPATHY2, Jul 7, 2015.

1. SYMPATHY2 macrumors newbie

HEY

a friend of mine purchased the Apple silicone case a 3 months ago
    and it's start to peel off in the top edges strange cause the phone never fall down or get any strikes

Anyone else having it, is it a common occurrence to the silicone cover?

In Anyway, is it better to buy instead the leather? (Activate the warranty if possible )

2. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

If it was only purchased a few months ago, it is certainly under warranty. Take it in to your local Apple Store and talk to them.

3. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

Yes it would still be under warranty and Apple will replace it.

I had at least three white silicone cases where the silicone would separate from the plastic underneath and thus cause the peeling. For me the problem was the way I removed the case and flexed the bottom corners. Once I started flexing the sides instead of the corners, I had no further problems.

I really like the black leather case but think it is even more fragile and prone to damage than the silicone.

4. maayan88 macrumors member

Hey., just update that i bought also the silicone case and regret that I did not purchased the leather.

loved this case at first, although the attracting lint. it's start to peel off in the top edges
    strange cause the phone never fall down or get any strikes. moved to the leather case..
    it's not under warranty so ... i just leave it in the drawer I prefer the leather case.
    to people who may debating - go for the leather!