Help for friends - buy now or later?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jwade32, Jun 28, 2008.

  1. jwade32 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2008
    Location:
    CA
    #1
    Ok so I purchased a MacBook in Jan. and have converted 2 friends to get a Mac. One wants a MBP for the video editing stuff and the more power and the other wants a MB just for personal use. Should I tell them to go ahead and get one now or wait for these "rumors" of updates to come true? I'll pass on all the advice to them.
     
  2. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

    SchneiderMan

    Joined:
    May 25, 2008
    Location:
    Apple state
  3. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

    TwinCities Dan

    Joined:
    May 19, 2008
    Location:
    Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    #3
    I would say if you want a bump in speed (Nehelem) I might wait. ;)
    If you are talking about the new casing redesign, I wouldn't hold my breath, just get it.

    I dunno, that's my 2¢... :)
     
  4. heatmiser macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2007
    #4
    I'd tell them both to buy when their needs for a computer exceed their desires to temporarily have the newest version of said computer.
     
  5. DaveF macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2007
    Location:
    NoVA
    #5
    The best time to buy a computer is always tomorrow.

    There are always rumors of new hardware...because there's always new hardware coming.

    Buyer's Guide (http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/) says both MB and MBP are in the middle of a typical product cycle and estimates it's a "neutral" time to buy.
     

Share This Page