Help!! Forgotten Root Password... !

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by leonalim, Sep 14, 2011.

1. leonalim macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I had changed my root password & forgotten the password. Is there anyway to retrieve or change it back to default P.w "alpine "?? Im using mac... i hv install mobile terminal in iph but cant install ifile.... Any kind soul to guide me thru??? Thank u!!!:D

2. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Try the Apple Store, those Genius' have their "Kind Soul" moments.

3. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Short of restoring and rejailbreaking, I can't think of any way to change it once you've forgotten.

4. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Tie it down, shine a bright light on it, then occasionally hit it with a hammer until it confesses the password. :D

Or just do a restore as new, then rejailbreak it.

5. leonalim thread starter macrumors newbie

LOLxx... I had checked if I just do a restore as new... i will hv pro Jailbreak..cos the new jailbreak version of 4.3.5 hv pro... once u install, u ned a comp to respring it if nt whatever u install frm cydia or installous will be gone. In additonal u cant let ur iph run out of batt.. or else u also ned a comp to start the iph.

6. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I can't imagine they can do anything. You lose the root password, you lose the root password. There is no greater user in the OS who that reset the password or something.

7. leonalim thread starter macrumors newbie

There is video teaching how to reset bk password..but it is uploaded 2 yrs ago..wic worry me. Cos I try install somethng to iph following exact same steps, it doesnt work cos our firmware is the latest version.
    2ndly, its using window n ifile, i cant access much in my ifile cos maybe its the unpaid version... i can onli read, cant execute any movement.;)

----------

I tink they wouldnt bother w my pro... cos they cant even ans a simple question whether if i bought product from oversea, itz warranty all over the world? :(

8. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Typing in English is another handy trick that often gets you more help.

I can't be the only one who took one look at the teenager typing style and walked away.

9. leonalim thread starter macrumors newbie

emm... I try calling, email.. even petrol the retail n ask.. non can ans this question.. worst of all... they even giv me no. to cal oversea to ask. :( but im surprise that they will reply ur email in less than 3 hrs be it u email them at 3am. lolxx

10. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

I still don't know what you are saying.

Restore might help otherwise wipe and set up as new

11. tomtom101 macrumors regular

Not to be rude, but at least make the effort to type in proper English - I'm a teenager and even I find that annoying!!