Help Formating my Mac Os X 10.6.8 please!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by g0ld3nb0y, May 22, 2015.

1. g0ld3nb0y macrumors newbie

Hi,

Si I have my 2009 Macbook Pro OS X 10.5.8, to which I bought 10.6.3 Snow Leopard, and upgraded it 10.6.8.

So now, I want to bootcamp Windows 10 on it, but it need to repartion it before, so I bought the hard drive 1to and did all on it...

But : now my original Mac Os X Install DVD don't want to know anything and is ejected as soon as I put it in, and my Snow Leopard work like 1 time / 4, even if pushing C letter and restarting as fast as I can...

So How Can I Format My Computer, Please?

And something else : should I upgrade my Mac to Yosemite 10.10.3 once I have (somehow) reinstalled everythings? I know I want to install Windows 10 32 Bit once I'll have format the crap out of this thing, but after I'm not sure, I have 250 go and 4go Ram...

So please if someone could please help me, I want to play Path Of Exile as soon as I can ;)

Thanks for helping!

2. MagicBoy, May 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2015

MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

You could try not posting in the section for a legacy iPhone operating system for a start. ;) [Mod note: Moved]

BootCamp Assistant will automatically repartition the drive if sufficient space is available.

3. g0ld3nb0y thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh I'm sorry. If I could I'd delete the post right now lol

Here's what it say when I try to partition it (and I have the right memory space) : (I traduct, it's in french)

This disk cannot be partitioned, because it's impossible to move some of it's files.
    Do a saving of the disk. The Disk Utility will permit you after to format as only volume Mac OS extend (journalized). Restore your data on the disk and try again using Boot Camp Assistant!

4. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

In which case, backup and restore the hard drive. Should leave all the free space at the end so Boot Camp will partition correctly.

5. g0ld3nb0y thread starter macrumors newbie

As I've said before, in my first post, I don't know how : my original 10.5.8 Dvd won't work, and my Snow Leopard Dvd disk I bought won't format, when I succeed at restating with it (which doesn't occur at all try!)

How do I format it in these conditions,please?

6. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

Your optical drive is probably faulty or has a dirty lens. I've got the same problem with my 2009 Mac mini. That boots fine off an external SuperDrive.

7. g0ld3nb0y thread starter macrumors newbie

Other disks work well... I think my grey Mac Os X 10.5.7 DVD is broken... What to do?? Can we ask for another one to Apple??