Help from 400 miles

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by TV777, Apr 14, 2015.

1. TV777, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015

TV777 macrumors newbie

I'd appreciate some help.

I love the look of the Milanese Loop. I have a Skagen watch with a steel mesh band I love and the Apple Watch version looks better.

Sadly I live 400 miles from an :apple: Store so I can't go try them on or see them. :mad:

Here's where I can use help. I preordered a 42mm SS with Milanese Loop. I also preordered a 42mm Sport (silver one) and a separate Milanese Loop band.

What should I do - go with SS with Milanese Loop OR Sport w ML? I don't know how the sport combo would work. I also don't know if the sport seems cheap and if I will wish I'd sprung for the SS.

2. NocturnalJazz macrumors regular

3. AbeFrohman macrumors 6502

AbeFrohman

There are several threads about the Sport with the ML. Read through those, then decide if the mismatch in the finish will bother you. Then look at your budget. Then figure out if you want sapphire or not...

4. oogje macrumors regular

oogje

For what it's worth, my wife tried the silver aluminum with the milanese loop and liked it best - more than the silver stainless steel with the same loop.

5. TV777 thread starter macrumors newbie

I should have specified - it's the silver Sport - not space grey. Any pictures or thoughts from those who have seen them are much appreciated.

6. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

If you haven't used it yet, the following site is a great resource.

http://mixyourwatch.com

However, I also understand there is no substitute for real-world pictures. There are several pics of the Sport w/ Milanese posted throughout a few threads and of course, plenty of Stainless with Milanese pictures too. Definitely look around -- hopefully they help you decide.

In my opinion, the Sport with Milanese still looks very good. However, I would suggest that it lacks some of the flashy bling that the Stainless with ML has. This doesn't mean that the Sport with ML is bad, I would just consider it to be slightly toned down, which is certainly a look that fits quite a few people.

Just my thoughts. Best of luck -- it's a tough decision to make!

7. itsMacTonight macrumors 6502

itsMacTonight

I ordered the 42mm SS Milanese and a sport watch, too. The SS is the one I will almost 100% keep because of the material, ceramic back and sapphire crystal. Those really are 3 huge selling points for me. With that said, the pictures of the silver sport with the Milanese looks pretty darn good, too. I think you have made a pretty good order and can return what doesn't look right in your hands once you see them in person and can make "a very personal" choice.

I'm 325 miles from the nearest Apple store, too. I just happen to have business there this weekend so I'm hoping to slip away to the Apple store that will be a mere 5 miles from me. Maybe a jog at lunch?:)