iPod Touch HELP!!! Frozen ipod touch

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by primetimeuser, Oct 31, 2007.

1. primetimeuser macrumors newbie

My ipod touch is frozen at the boot up screen with the apple in the center. I tried to restore my ipod but there was a error saying it failed now my ipod doesn't go past that screen. It also isn't detected in itunes!! help!!

2. JonJParr macrumors newbie

Don't worry - there is an easy cure.

1. Firstly, you must have the iPod Touch plugged into your computer while doing this.

2. To start, press and hold the home and sleep/wake button, the power off option will appear but ignore it. When the apple logo appears let go of the sleep/wake button but keep holding the home button.

3. After a few seconds you should see the connect to iTunes image (you can let go of the home button now).

4. Open iTunes and it should recognize your iPod Touch, if not unplug your iPod and plug it back in again.

5. Restore your iPod Touch by clicking the "Restore" button on iTunes.

3. rhoyle*96 macrumors newbie

Thank you so much

thanks for the instructions, im so happy that my ipod is working again :D

4. Russiaa macrumors newbie

I followed all of the instructions but it won't turn on even if I hold the sleep/wake and home button. Please Help Me I just bought this iTouch last month...:confused::confused:

5. benny93000 macrumors newbie

stuck

it worked but now when there `s no chager on the ipod it closes off,but i have to put a charger on the ipod what should i do