Help!! Fundamental, possibily silly iTunes question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dangleheart, Jul 8, 2007.

1. dangleheart macrumors 6502

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere. I have got a whole bunch of stuff in iTunes already. Now, I want to add a whole lot of songs to my iPhone. If I just add the songs to iTunes, it is getting to be very difficult to find them in iTunes. They are not tagged. Is there a way to add the songs to a folder under the library and then move it to a play list and then sync with the iPhone's ipod?

I may not just know the right ways around itunes and sync. So please point me in the right direction that is easy and foolproof. Thanks.

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

you can make a new smart playlist containing only songs added on or after a certain date. for instance, you could make it have only songs you added in the last day, and there you go. drag those songs to a regular playlist, and you can proceed to tag them.

3. dangleheart thread starter macrumors 6502

That is what I do with iPod and that has some significant problems.

Once my entire ipod data got wipied out because when it went to sync, it did not satisfy the smart play list criteria.. I was quite upset. It look me a long time to find those darn songs and put them in a play list and then sync.

Second, I may not add them all at once. I may add them at different times and I do not necessarily keep track of when I added them. So it is difficult to do a smart play list based on time of addition.

All I need is to neatly add songs to folders in the library ( or something like that ) and then map it to a playlist and then sync. Is there a concept of a folder/classification hierarchy in iTunes which does not involve tags and which can be used for sync'ing ( thru playlists I suppose since playlist and syncing seem to be linked quite strongly ).

4. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

You can make a regular playlist and stick the songs you want to sync in there.

Or you could just bite the arrow and tag them.