Help| GameCenter and Apple Id problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dvir971, Mar 16, 2011.

1. dvir971 macrumors regular

dvir971

I have a very serious problem
    Few months ago, when I opened my apple id account I was happy and all it went so smooth- I haven't thought it will be that easy. But I was happy too soon.
    This week when I bought my iPad (but I guess it will apply in the iPhone device I'm wiling to buy soon), when I tried to connect to the GameCenter with this account, the iPad told me I have to connect with this same account in the app store too. So I went to the store and when I wanted to login, it told me I have to enter a credit card code and all these things. But the problem is I am under 18 and I don't really have a credit card.
    So now I'm stuck and I can't connect to the GameCenter, because I don't have a credit card, a thing that doesnt seems so reasonable.
    What can I do? Is there something I can do to go around this? Or I'm doing something wrong? I really need help...

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

3. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Get a pre-paid credit card...

4. 184550 Guest

I believe that it just wants you to confirm your details; not enter or provide new information.

My father encountered the same problem two days ago and we figured out that it just wants to confirm the information it has on file.

5. dvir971 thread starter macrumors regular

dvir971

I don't really understand what is a pre paid credit card or debit card or thing like that... Can somebody tell me an advice for thing that I could do to solve this problem? I'm sure I'm not the only one that has this problem... Because right now I just can't use the GameCenter....

6. 184550 Guest

You don't need a prepaid credit or debit card; you simply need to confirm your details.

Have you tried scrolling down and simply confirming your details as they exist currently?

7. dvir971 thread starter macrumors regular

dvir971

Yes and it told me I MUST fill the credit card lines.... (something like Required or something like that...)

8. 184550 Guest

That's odd.

Have you tried logging out of your Game Center account and signing back in?

EDIT:

I went back and confirmed how I managed to 'fix' that issue with my fathers device. Just keeping confirming your details sans the CC info. IIRC, we had to confirm my fathers details about five or six times until it quit asking for him to confirm them. Since then Game Center has been functioning fine.

9. dvir971 thread starter macrumors regular

dvir971

You mean to press "next" a lot and in the end it will let me continue without filling these blanks? Because I just tried it a lot of time and it's still wants me to fill in the requested blanks....

10. dvir971 thread starter macrumors regular

dvir971