Help getting Apple to Acknowledge my issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Beaverfish, May 10, 2009.

1. Beaverfish macrumors regular

Hi,
    After having an issue with a cracked track pad

See this thread (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=695133)

I went to the apple store, only to be told i had caused the issue, and would have to pay. This happened under completely normal use.

I have emailed the store manager, i also sent a copy of my complaint to sjobs@apple.com just to see if anything happens.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to progress this further?

Many thanks .

2. ryannazaretian macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

Call customer relations. I find that the Apple Store services sucks in most of my cases. Customer relations should be much better at serving you.

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

How long ago did you email?, i.e., have you given them a few days (no including the weekend) to respond? Usually they will respond back. If it's been a week try again, but email only to sjobs. Forget the store manager.

Also if you have another Apple Store in your area take it over to there. I often find that different stores and different "geniuses," will give you different answers. Some geniuses have sticks up there asses and that is something we have to accept. Others want to be helpful and accept that not every issue can be blamed on misuse.

4. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

I wonder if the 'stick' geniuses are wanting to get out of doing more work, or do they get paid more for saving apple in repair costs?

5. hajime macrumors 68030

You are right. Apple Store services sucks. For instance, the LCD of my MBP was defective. People at the Ginza store in Japan exchanged another screen for me after lots of complains. The replacement screen has black corners. Despite the obvious defects, the genius said that the screen was normal. Then, she went on to say that some computers are better made than the others. She just said that the screen was "within tolerance." I waited for a few hours for the manager to come back and then complained about the genius. He told me that he knew nothing about technical issues. He only listened to whatever the genius told him. He told me that if I were not happy, I could complain to the main office of Apple Japan. I have lived in Japan for several years. Among all the stores, the services in Apple Store is the worst. They are very friendly when they want you to buy their products. After you bought the products and problems show up, they don't want to take responsibility.

6. Beaverfish thread starter macrumors regular

I had a voicemail from the store manager yestersday, he said he will call me tuesday evening to discuss it further. If i dont get anywhere with the store manager I will call customer relations.

I had considered taking it to a different apple store. but i thought surely it would be registered on apple's system, and they would just say the same thing ?

7. hajime macrumors 68030

It depends on who handles your case. Good luck.

8. Beaverfish thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the advice. ill post an update after my conversation with the manager!

9. kimnkk macrumors member

kimnkk

Wow, surprising something like that could happen in Japan! I always thought Japan was among the best in customer service when it came to anything, especially luxury goods (watches etc). Even though Apple isn't a luxury good, i thought they would have made sure their service is impeccable for the Japanese.

The experience i had at my local Apple store (Chadstone, Melbourne) was less than perfect. Had a lot of dust under my screen, and one very visible one. The genius told me since i bought it online they can't do anything about it and that it counts as a pixel defect, which is normal.

Okay, a dead pixel i can live with, but dust under the screen i cannot because that just meant they were lax with their assembly/manufacturing. It took a bad survey report before the manager called me and apologised on the Genius' behalf. Swapped my MBP for a new one. Good outcome, but i expected them to come to that sooner, not until after i complained.

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I've taken my computer to a different store and gotten a different genius give me another answer.