Help getting Home Video into Photo app

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Mobster1983, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Mobster1983 macrumors 6502a

So maybe it's late and I am having a brain fact, but I cannot seem to figure out how to get a video I took from my standalone camera into my iPhone photo app so I can text/share it. I tried adding it to iTunes, but it put the video into the Home Videos section of the "Videos" app. Also tried adding the movie to an iPhoto album on my iMac and synching that to my phone. That did not even put the videos onto the phone.

Need help getting the videos into a place I can text them or share them. Videos are larger size, 200-400MBs, but only a couple minutes long. Thanks.

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

I use the camera connection kit, and plug in.

----------

Eventually, you'll be able to drop into iCloud Drive on Yosemite. Then open from iCloud Drive direct into iMovie or whatever application you wont which supports drive picker.

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Put the video on your desktop, open iTunes, Select Add to Library from File menu, once added, open the Movies tab, select it, sync to phone.

4. XmeX macrumors regular

Upload the video to Dropbox > mark it as favorite > download the video into your photos library

Im using this way & i think it's the best

5. Mobster1983 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I ended up doing something similar. I uploaded the video to Google Drive, then opened in iMovie, and finally created the movie and saved to my camera roll.

6. Woodlandstar macrumors member

The easiest way is to download a file transfer app on your iphone, such as Simple Transfer.
    Then turn on wifi link, go the http address shown on the app on your iMac, and simply drag and drop the videos/photos you want over.
    You'll get a fast transfer speed too, as it's a direct wifi link, and the photos/videos just go straight in your camera roll (or whatever it's called now!)

7. XmeX macrumors regular

Only between MAC and iPhone?

8. Woodlandstar macrumors member

Works on Windows too.

9. XmeX macrumors regular

What does it name plz ? Because am unable to find it out