Help getting info from my Mac to my iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Sonoran, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Sonoran macrumors member

How can I synch my 3G to iTunes & force the Contacts & Calendar events to copy TO my phone?

I was trying out Mobile Me & things just didn't work. I deleted my account on my iPhone based on what a Live Chat person told me to do & all my Contacts & iCal events were wiped out. I cannot get it to synch with Mobile Me.

I am afraid to synch with iTunes & lose all my Mac stuff.

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Are your contacts and calendar on the MobileMe server?

To check, go to me.com, log in and see if you see your contacts and calendars?

3. Sonoran thread starter macrumors member

No, nothing showing up. They were there before, then they dissapeared once, came back & now gone again.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

There's a selection in the sync pane for choosing "replace contents on the iPhone during next sync" or something like that.

5. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Okay, on your mac, that contains all your contacts and calendars, go to System Prefs->Mobile Me->Sync->Advanced

Now, select Reset Sync Data, and choose to replace all sync info On MobileMe with sync info from this computer (should be the right arrow).

Now, all your info from your mac will be sent to the MobileMe servers. Once it is complete, go to me.com and check that your contacts and calendars are there.

Once you have confirmed they are at me.com, go to your iPhone and add your mobile account. Your contacts and calendars should now appear on your iPhone.