Help getting iWork programs for an iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Derkatwork, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Derkatwork macrumors 6502

Derkatwork

I have an iPad 2 and a macbook pro (a year or two old, but it doesn't matter). Both me and a friend have iTunes accounts. Is it technically stealing if I buy programs on my account and she logs into the account just to download them or vice versa? Ultimately, is it bad to swipe the iWork programs for my mac and iPad? Personally, I don't want to pay for the programs. I have Word, Powerpoint, and Excel for my laptop, but would like some document programs for my iPad.

2. palpatine macrumors 68040

Just to be clear, the iOS versions of Pages, Numbers, and Keynote will need to be bought separately for the iPad. You are able to download these onto your friend's iPad if you have less than five devices already associated with your account.

Is it bad? I don't know. This is a big question that depends on your worldview. But, practically speaking, it is possible and the system is set up to allow for such activity, even if it isn't officially sanctioned.

Would I do it? No way. We're talking about thirty dollars here. It's not worth the hassle.