Help getting macos on Macintosh Plus

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by roadrash-uk, Oct 8, 2011.

1. roadrash-uk macrumors newbie

I have just got a very nice condition Macintosh plus but as usual the install disks had been lost.
    I have other macs like a Power Mac G4, Imac G3, Power Mac 6500, Performa 5200 & the Mac plus.
    I have been trying to use the Performa to help me as it has a cdrom drive & a 800k floppy drive. The problem I have is getting a working set of floppies to run on it. I have read everything I could find on the web but still I am stuck. The performa has a basic OS 7.5.1 on it.
    I have downloaded all the things i need like the disk images & apps like stuffit etc using by linux PC & burnt them to a CD. The trouble when I open the CD on the performa It doesn,t recognise any of the file types. They all have extensions like ,sea,bin. .bin.hqx & even a .zip but nothing can be done with them. If I try to open them I get a error that they are to big to open in the text editor.
    I keep going round in circles because everything i need to use on these files (like stuffit) is in a archive as well so I am stumped.
    Can someone tell me how to get these working?

2. roadrash-uk thread starter macrumors newbie

I have given up trying to use the Mac plus to create the disk images even though it has a 800k drive because it seems the Mac Os on this is just to old to do it. I am now trying to use a Imac G3 which is recognising the file formats the Mac Plus wouldn't which is a start. I have also managed to find a USB Superdisk which if I can get to work on the G3 should I am informed write the 800k disks.
    Can anyone offer any advise especially with getting the super disk working.