Help getting mail on my phone to match mail on my mac

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jersey, Aug 22, 2007.

1. jersey macrumors regular

hello all,

this has been bothering me for a bit now, and i cant seem to figure it out. how do i get mail on my phone to match the mail on my mac (gmail) ? i keep finding myself in a situation that if the mac grabs it, the phone wont. since i leave my mac on 24/7 this is obviously a problem when i'm not home. as well, when i sync the phone via itunes, i want the account on the phone and the mac to mirror each other. is that really too much to ask?

oh... And the getting the mail i send back in my inbox is a bit frustrating too. any help would be much appreciated.

2. SRSound macrumors 6502

There are several threads about this, and unfortunately they all have the same conclusion: you can't. Gmail (using POP) can send mail to one or the other, not both and not stay synced - I certainly wish it could because I use gmail and would love Mail to sync with the iPhone. HOWEVER, one solution is to forward your mail from the account to a second private account with Push email and have that sent to your phone...

3. JPS macrumors regular

Would this be the case if I were getting email to my verizon.net address? Shouldn't I receive both on my MacBook and my (to be purchased) iPhone?