Help getting music from NAS to iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dennyls, Oct 29, 2009.

1. dennyls macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I am a total newbie to the iPod touch, and can't seem to find any information on something that I think is pretty common.

I have an Iomega network attached harddrive on my home PC network. I have put my music and photos onto the NAS device, and can access it from any of the PCs on my network.

I just purchased an iPod Touch, and am trying to use iTunes to load music/photos onto the iPod. While iTunes sees the NAS device, and shows it under "Shared", I can't figure out how to put songs from the NAS folder into my library so I can sync them into the iPod. I can play them in iTunes, but I cannot get them into my Music library, and therefore they won't sync into the iPod.

I could load the songs onto my PC again, so that iTunes would see it under My Music--but that sort of defeats the purpose of putting the music/photos on the NAS.

What am I doing wrong? Or is this just the way it is with iTunes??

Thanks in advance,
    Denny:confused:

2. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

Your iTunes library dosent need to be on your computers hard drive, try setting it to the location of your music.

3. dennyls thread starter macrumors newbie

How do I change the location?

try setting it to the location of your music.

I am a total newbie, so how do I do that--change the location?

Thanks!!

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Never mind relocating iTunes library. I'm thinking you need to map your network drive, so iTunes would treat it like a local drive, therefore allowing you to drag and drop your music into iTunes. Google "map network drive" + your Windows version to get instructions on how to do this.