Help getting mywi

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by BacklitFirefly, May 3, 2010.

1. BacklitFirefly macrumors 6502

It's my first ever jailbreak! My iPhone 3G is free! Was very smooth and quick. Now I just need to know how (exactly) to get mywi onto my iPhone. :eek:

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Go to Cydia and search for MyWi. From there you'll figure out how to buy it (it's usually done by paying with PayPal). I installed Rock and registered online to get a free 10-day trial.

Everything you need usually is through the Cydia store. Also, google MyWi and you'll be directed to a site that discusses how to get it.

3. BacklitFirefly thread starter macrumors 6502

Where do you go to set up a Rock ID? It won't let me make one from within the app.:confused:

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

That was the "search google" part. That's what I did. Google search for Rock + MyWi, registered on Rock and got the app. It isn't difficult. If I could do it I venture to guess anyone can.

5. BacklitFirefly thread starter macrumors 6502

I did that, obviously. Still having a few problems. Is it too much to ask for a link to the sign-up page? I can't seem to get to it from their main site using my iPhone browser ( no access to my computer right now)

6. below sea level macrumors member

7. BacklitFirefly thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks! Ok, so I set up the ID successfully. But now, mywi crashes before I can fill out my sign in info...

Any ideas?

8. ScrappyDoo80 macrumors member

Downloaded free trial, because I am not opposed at all to spending the $10 if it does work...

Surprising on my Asus bada$$ laptop! 1.67 Mbps d/l, .28 u/l thats pretty damn snazzy IMHO.

9. robd54 macrumors member

I'm trying to get the no rock version from cydia but keep getting mulitple 403 errors. has anyone been able to download this today?

10. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

There is a ton of activity on Cydia today due to the release of the Spirit jailbreak. I'd say just be patient for now.

Regarding MyWi, my recommendation is to forego the installation of Rock Your Phone and buy the "No Rock" version. RYP will only give you potential problems.

11. BacklitFirefly thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you everyone for your help. I am now up and running, after getting the Rock ID problem worked out (thanks for that link to the new account page!) and wow, this is amazing. :D