Help getting PB set up in UK

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by brepublican, Jan 12, 2006.

  1. brepublican macrumors 6502a


    Jul 22, 2005
    I am studying abroad this coming semester in Wales and I just wanted to ask people who are in the UK (or have been there) how to best get my electronics up and running over there.

    Should I get the world travel set from Apple, which would leave me with a bunch of other appliances that I wanna run unconnected. Or can I take my US power surge protector and buy just 1 adaptor for it over there (that way connect all my stuff to it)?

    Do I have any other options? Thanks for any advice
  2. bgd macrumors regular

    Aug 30, 2005
    We have 230v compared to your 110 (?). I would think you would need to get a surge protector over here. You would also have to check that any appliance you bring over will run with the increased voltage.
  3. emotion macrumors 68040


    Mar 29, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    The vast majority of power supplies these days are auto sensing so it's a matter of just having the right adapter. The Apple travel kit looks expensive for what it is.

    You can use any radio cable into the apple power supply, this is what I do when I go to the US.
  4. mpw Guest

    Jun 18, 2004
    Your PB will work fine here with just a power outlet adaptor or standard power cable neither of which should cost more than $5 and are available at the airport.

    As for your other stuff it would depend on what it is.

Share This Page