Help getting photos from ilabrary back to iphoto

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Deee, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Deee macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I seem to have done something I don't know how to fix! I have somehow moved all of my photos from iphoto thinking I was storing them elsewhere on the computer. They have now gone from iphoto however are still in the library. I would like to try and move them back to iphoto but it keeps telling me that it does not recognise the file when i try to export or copy and paste. Any suggestions would be very helpful.
    Thanks

2. JamesMB, Feb 20, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2011

JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

If you went into the iPhoto library and moved any of the photos, you more than like likely have a corrupted database. I'm sure that you realize by now that the reason that the iPhoto library is invisible, is that you aren't supposed to to go there. That library is just one big database, and if you move anything in or out of it, you will corrupt the database. The way to move photos in or out of iPhoto is to do it from the app itself, with either import and export (reccomended) or drag and drop, if you know what you are doing.

Open iPhoto, select help, and type "rebuild database" into the search field.

Good Luck!