Help getting rid of SIMBL Error. (PIC)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Ozman712, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Ozman712 macrumors member

I installed WiFind way back probably a year ago. I never used it so I didn't buy it after the free trial ended. Once I migrated over to Leopard I started getting this error. It went away after awhile, but it is back with this new Leopard update. I cannot find any of this plugins components where I think they would be. Can someone help me with this one?

Thanks
    Oz

Attached Files:

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

it obviously doesnt work with Leopard you will have to wait for an update. contact the developer for asnwers.

3. Ozman712 thread starter macrumors member

4. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Just remove the plugin (which will be in /Library/Application Support/SIMBL/plugins or in the equivalent in your home directory).

5. Ozman712 thread starter macrumors member

6. jay kun macrumors newbie

Same problem, removing plugin did not work.

Apologies for the bump, but I'm having the same problem - only removing the plugin does not remove the error dialog box.

I have removed the files from the SIMBL/Plugins folder, as well as the Input Manager folders, following these instructions:

http://phaseportrait.blogspot.com/2007/09/removing-wifind.html

I'm still getting the same box as the OP did in his screenshot.

I would just reinstall Leopard and be done with it but a Time Machine backup would reinstall Wifind all over again. Aagh!

7. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Try removing SIMBL itself from /Library/InputManagers (that's the main system library, not the one in your user folder). That will, however, disable ALL of your SIMBL plugins (not necessarily a bad thing - SIMBL can be a source of flakiness). You'll need to logout or reboot afterwards for it to go away entirely.

8. coojordan123 macrumors newbie

Thanks!
    It Worked!

9. TedP macrumors newbie

The WiFind removal instructions mentions removing all of the directories mentioned here (InputManagers and Application Support) explicitly.

If you've only removed the InputManagers folder and things are working, you should still consider removing the Application Support directory.