Help getting sim unlocked after downgrading from v2 to 1.1.4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by markstaylor72, Jul 20, 2008.

1. markstaylor72 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,
    New to my iPhone, it's a gen 1. I bought it in Hong Kong, totally unlocked but I then made a huge mistake in upgrading to v2, DOH!!!
    Eventually got it back to 1.1.4 after about 12 hours internet searching, but now it is a glorified iTouch!!!
    Can anyone please help me get the sim unlocked again. I've tried iliberty and Winpwn but i'm not sure whether i have to run these with my vodaphone sim in or out. So far no luck!!!
    I don't have the original ATT sim, does this matter?
    I really want my iPhone back, any help would be greatly apreciated,
    Cheers
    Mark

2. markstaylor72 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks mate, i've tried that to no avail, any other ideas???

3. sycohen macrumors newbie

If you've downgraded to 1.1.4, try going to ziphone.org and downloading ziphone 3.0. That should unlock your phone.

Good luck!

4. markstaylor72 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks mate for your help,
    I have actualluy done that and it tells me my iphone is unlocked, but when i put the sim in, NADA!!! Still no iPhone.
    Do I need to run ziphone with the sim in or out? I don't have the original AT&T sim card anymore, does that matter?
    When I bought it and it worked, in SETTINGS, there was Airplane mode at the top, then Wi-Fi underneath, then CARRIER underneath that.
    Now CARRIER isn't there anymore!
    Has anybody been able to solve this, it's driving me nuts!!!!