Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nickyj182

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 12, 2002
Morehead, KY
I have a bunch of old VHS movies I made, and im wanting to get them onto my new imac so I can get them onto dvd. What are my options here? Keep in mind, I open to all ideas.

ddekker

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2006
Michigan
vhs onto dvd

I recently did a ton of this, I used my JVC DV Camcorder that has an analog input, plug the VCR audio and video into the camcorder... plug the camcorder firewire into my laptop and it brings it right into imovie at real time, then I edit out parts I don't want.... add a little bling titles... throw it into idvd and good to go... now If only I could record onto DVD+R .... I have had far better luck playing burned DVD's that were created on my PC on +R on older/most DVD players... maybe the new macbooks can use +R... but it was pretty easy to take the old tapes and convert them, it does take forever to encode and burn the DVD, but its cool to be able to watch all my old videos on DVD...

D

steve_hill4

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2005
NG9, England
I was eventually thinking of getting a converter for Mac, but found out about the Elgato EyeTV hybrid tuner. That is an analogue and digital TV tuner and you can also input external equipment via composite/s-video and 3.5mm stereo inputs, (on included adapter), all for about $150, (or £100 to me).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.