HELP! Gevey Sim ultra 'no service' on iPhone 4 BB 4.10.01

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by masse, Jan 24, 2012.

1. masse macrumors 6502a

masse

Hello. I have been a member of this site for 5 years now. I have never owned an iPhone. I have endlessly searched for a solution to this problem without luck.

I attempted to unlock my girlfriend's iPhone 4 BB 4.10.01 for use on T-mobile. I read that Gevey Sim Ultra was the only way to go, so I cut her sim card (correctly) and used Gevey Sim (also correctly). Her phone was already jailbroken when she purchased it.

Upon inserting the Gevey sim I get the FuriousMod accept screen.
    I click accept and wait for 'no sim' to turn into 1 bar. I dial 112 and hang up within 2 seconds. I then wait for sim failure and turn on airplane mode for 45 seconds.

Here's where my experience is different than almost everything I am reading. Instead of sim failure messages I get New Voicemail notifications. I click close, get another, then searching for signal turns into 'no service'. I waited over 10 minutes and never got service, even after cycling airplane mode several times. I cannot get her phone to connect to T-mobile no matter what I do.

I turned off 3G and data and used apn wap.voicestream.com for both apns. I appreciate any help in advance. I also have no problem upgrading her to ios5 if you guys can point me in the right direction. There doesn't seem to be a comprehensive guide anywhere that I can find.

Thanks in advance!

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Reboot your phone. When the message comes up, hit cancel. Do not hit accept.

You should get signal within few minutes.

3. masse thread starter macrumors 6502a

masse

Thanks for the suggestion but for some reason it is still not working. :eek:

4. masse thread starter macrumors 6502a

masse

update: I am going to upgrade to ios5 (preserving baseband and see if the Gevey sim will work then. Let us hope....

5. PhazeII macrumors member

Don't update just yet... Try this first. I messed around with Gevey sim quite a bit.

Uninstall Furious Mod
    Reboot phone twice just to make sure changes have been made
    Then do manual mode.. Applications>instructions> accept> wait 15 seconds>dial 112 (but do not let it connect). When you dial 112 make sure is does not say "No Service". wait for it to show like its trying to pick up signal before you dial the 112. Then wait another 15 sec... airplaine mode> Sim failure>airplane mode off. Hit ok>ok then it should pick up signal.

Furious mode isn't working like it should.

If you want to keep the furious mode then its all about timing.
    (if you have it installed)

Reboot phone
    Hit accept
    wait exactly 15 sec and dial 112 (don't let it connect). Make sure it DOES NOT say "NO Service". After that it should pick up signal in about 30 seconds or so. You don't have to do the airplane mode toggle.

Hope it helps. ;)

6. masse thread starter macrumors 6502a

masse

Thanks for the replies. I think you are right that it is a problem with furiousmod. I tried uninstalling it and doing the manual way; it did not work. I then re-installed it and tried your second method. The result is No Sim message in status bar. Could it be that the Gevey sim is not installed correctly?

7. PhazeII macrumors member

Well I did have another Iphone 4 that I had the same problem. Just would not pick up signal at all. I don't know what it was but worked fine when I purchased it from the guy. I actually made a call with it. Was it my SIM Card? Don't know..

I would save the SHSH blobs and re-jailbreak and set up as new phone. then try it again.

Have you tried putting her Sim card in another iphone?

8. mphilip macrumors member

mphilip

I'm not a pro at this, but where did you buy your Gevey ultra from ? I had many of my friends facing problems with Geveys not bought directly from Applenberry. So not wanting to have the same fate, i got one from them and it worked straight out of the box ! My iPhone 4 run's iOS JB 5.0.1 with baseband 4.10.01 and FuriousMod 2.0 ...

9. PhazeII macrumors member

I have the old Gevey and the Ultra. they are both legit. It wasn't the Gevey... it was the phone that had the issue

10. mphilip macrumors member

mphilip

What about masse ? Just something to be sure off ;)

11. masse thread starter macrumors 6502a

masse

So I got an error trying to preserve baseband upgrade to 5.0.1 during the 'preparing phone' part. Tried recompiling the upgrade and still didn't flash correctly.

The Gevey was purchased from amazon, and appears to be legitimate. The thing has typo's on the packaging that concern me though.

12. mphilip macrumors member

mphilip

Hmmm ... I don't think a legitimate Gevey Ultra Packaging would have typo's on it. Have a look at Applenberry's website : http://applenberry.com/store/gevey-sim/gevey-ultra ! Just to be sure ...

I used sn0wbreeze for my Custom Firmware creation and Jailbreaking , since i wanted to hacktivate the iPhone ... but it's all personal choices ...

13. masse thread starter macrumors 6502a

masse

So I think she is just going to sell the phone. It's in pretty mint condition so I think she can make her money back on it if she includes the case she bought for it.

Thanks for the help. It looks like the legitimate Gevey sim packaging, just some weird spacing in some of the text.

14. mphilip macrumors member

mphilip

Why don't you give it another go ?

- Hope you have already backed up your shsh blobs.
    - Using sn0wbreeze try creating a custom firmware selecting hacktivate (if you don't have the official Sim) and preserving baseband.
    - Shift restore with iTunes. Update Cydia - install FuriousMod 2.0 from official repo.
    - Turn off iPhone - insert Gevey - Turn On and Check ...

Good Luck :)

15. sajid sheikh macrumors newbie

no service comes when dial 112

am facing probelem like hell i have iphone 4g with gevey ultra am trying to unlock it...i have followed all the steps but when i dial 112 after 15 seconds of wait of welcome message... it takes time to hang u n call failed appears n then no service come on the left corner where the signal bar come.....and if i continue to the procedure of airplain more, after searching for about 5 mins no service comes......i have tried 100 times but still same message...
    please help me

16. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

When did you get your iPhone 4? You might be eligible for the factory unlock from AT&T.

Gevey was a bit tricky for me when I was abroad. It would not work sometimes (I had FuriousMod).