HELP-Going to concert

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Sam0465, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Sam0465 macrumors newbie

I've been debating this for two months. I'm going to a Metallica concert on January 18, 2009. I really don't know if I should bring earplugs or not. This'll be my fourth concert cause I don't go to many. I've been to Boston, Rise Against, AC/DC. After the loudless of AC/DC, my ears were ringing for awhile. So. Any helpful suggestions on if I should bring earplugs or comments on bands your seeing soon are appreciated. THANKS!!!:)

2. JLatte macrumors 6502

Skip the earplugs, bring brass knuckles, a cigarette lighter and an aerosol can. haha I'm just kidding. I was at AC/DC as well in LA and they play a LOT louder and amped than any other band I've ever seen, and I've seen a LOT of 80s bands. I think it depends on how close to the stage you plan to be.

Last concert was AC/DC, not sure when the next concert I'll be going to is. Only concert I wish I wore earplugs to was AC/DC. Ears didn't stop ringing for about 72 hours.

*edit*

Actually about the fire comment, I remember seeing Iron Maiden at Verizon Ampitheatre in Irvine outdoor and we were in the lawn section, a huge group of people started a gigantic bonfire from leftover vendor cardboard boxes, t-shirts off their backs, etc. Instead of security putting it out, they were taking phone pictures! After about 5 or 6 songs, Bruce made some comment about the fire, and that just made it get even bigger. Damn fools were just running around it in a circle like idiots, some guys even just ran through the fire.

3. leishan macrumors 6502

Wear the plugs...you will still hear the music fine.