Help, Google Cache Experts!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Squire, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Squire macrumors 68000

Squire

Folks,

I'm in a bit of a bind. I recently applied for a job and, for some reason, I forgot to copy (or print) the contents of the job description. This wouldn't be a big deal but I got shortlisted for the position and the job posting has since been removed. I have an interview on Monday where I have to give a 10-minute presentation on why I'm the best candidate.

I had no luck finding it. Can any Google cache experts out there help me recover the page?

The position-- Recruitment Manager at the International Recruitment Centre (or IRC )-- was posted on "www.unb.ca/postings" up until about a week ago.

Any help would definitely be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Squire

2. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Unfortunately, it looks like the cache was updated too recently.

While the http://www.unb.ca/postings/ google cache was updated on Jun 25th, the support staff job openings page was updated July 2nd.

Also the web.archive.org crawler last cached the page may 22nd, which appears to be too early. Sorry mate. :(

3. Squire thread starter macrumors 68000

Squire

Hey, thanks anyway. Maybe I can get someone over at HR to print it off for me tomorrow. I just didn't want to have to go to someone on the actual hiring committee for the posting.

-Squire

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I wonder if you can sneakily get away with something à la calling and saying, "I know sometimes the job responsibilities for a position are in flux over time, and by the time you shortlist, there may have been changes. I'd like to present on your most up to date needs... would it be at all possible for you to e-mail me the latest draft you have of the responsibilities?" :D Of course, SOL if they never changed it and the person is sharp. :p

5. Squire thread starter macrumors 68000

Squire

Hmmm...good idea. But I think I'll just go over and explain things to someone at HR. Hopefully the someone I speak with won't be on the interview panel.

While we're on the topic of responsibilities and such, anyone care to make any suggestions on how a university can increase its international student numbers?
    :D

-Squire

6. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Very clearly defining admissions requirements for students from other countries. Understanding the standardized testing and high-school level educational system in the countries you're looking to draw students from is really important.

I applied to a couple of different british universities, but their application processes were very difficult, as nothing was explained in a straightforward sense, it seemed like the international departments were interested in getting American students, but had no idea how our educational system worked.

My friend applied to a Aussie school, they said that they wanted him to have taken some AP classes, when he asked about the tests that went along with the classes, they were dumbfounded. :p

Basically it needs to be like..."If you're from X country, this is what you need to know." Currency conversions, test requirements, room/board information, app deadlines, all of that. Make it really clear, because it seems like nobody else does.

That's my rant about the application process. :p Also, this is only important once you have kids interested in the school...doing that is an entirely different story.