help guys please? (downgrading from 10.4.11 to 10.4.10)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fearxtragedy, Dec 18, 2007.

1. fearxtragedy macrumors member

is there any way to downgrade from 10.4.11 to 10.4.10 WITHOUT losing my data, as in not having to back it up

if so, how do i do that?

2. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

I believe doing an archive and install of your OS from the CD that came with the computer, then using this updater, it will bring it to 10.4.10. Hope this helps.

Apologies, it should be this updater: http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosx10410comboupdatev11intel.html

This is the combo updater to go to 10.4.10 from anything previous. the other one was only for going from 10.4.9 to 10.4.10

3. lil'homunculus macrumors regular

lil'homunculus

kinda iffy from what i here in these here around parts. Why'd'ya ask? BTW...:rolleyes:

4. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

doing what I recommended is kind of iffy? or he may have iffy motivations for wanting to downgrade?

Archiving and Installing is a pretty safe procedure, and the combo updater is from Apple's downloads section...

5. fearxtragedy thread starter macrumors member

also, i have win xp installed via bootcamp.

will everything stay the same there?

6. lil'homunculus macrumors regular

lil'homunculus

i was engaging in 'cowpoke':p silliness and merely trying to find out why the OP wanted to 'downgrade'. Of course you are correct in the prognosis. no offense intended. And besides, your solution wasn't up on the screen when i responded, we were probably submitting responses simultaneously. Cheers.

7. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

no worries, no offense taken, I was just curious as to what you meant.

8. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

As long as you don't mess with the partition, then no, you won't have to worry about that side of your drive.

9. fearxtragedy thread starter macrumors member

another question!

it worked! i'm on 10.4.9 and everything is going well, so what i need to ask is

do i need to go to 10.4.10, is there any significant updates/fixes?

10. Tuffguy721 macrumors newbie

I was curious what you mean when you say archive?

I have been doing a lot of reading about the battery issue and i cant find a solution to the black x/battery not installed problem. I have read that its a software issue so I was gonna try to downgrade but I wanted to know how to do it without losing any data. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks