HELP!!! Hacked iPod touch won't turn on

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by celipo, Aug 19, 2008.

1. celipo macrumors newbie

Hi guys, I was recently messing around with Fugu and trying to make a theme. I selected my theme from Winterboard when i was done and went to the home screen. The thing had the loading circle thing in the middle like it always does, but it just stood there. Nothing was happening so I pressed the sleep button and the home button until the screen went black. I tried to turn it back on but nothing happened. The pineapple logo just stays there for all eternity and the only way i can turn it off is by pushing the sleep and the home button until the screen turns black like i did before. If I plug it into the computer iTunes pops up but something stops working because the loading bar stops all together when it backs it up the ipod. i am running Cydia and Installer on my 2.0 ipod. I have a macbook running 10.5.4, 2.2 GHz intel Core 2 Duo. I have no idea what to do, someone please help me. Any questions just ask in the thread.

2. mixmacface macrumors regular

mixmacface

so you've tried to sync it with itunes, and restore it to factory settings?

3. celipo thread starter macrumors newbie

when i connect it to my computer, it syncs it but then it stops at about 5% full when it tries to back up the ipod. it doesn't do anything else.

4. ricartedor macrumors member

That's what you get for hacking really isn't it? It's a sad fact that when you make a device do what it's not designed to do, or at least unofficially, it can't be expected to behave like you would want it to and now you can't expect any support from Apple! keep trying it with iTunes i guess..

5. QuantumLo0p macrumors 6502a

QuantumLo0p

I think it is a sad fact that he was doing something that would be similar to changing the wallpaper on a desktop computer.

celipo: I want you to, and expect you, to try your hardest to get support from Apple to remedy your problem.

Do not lie to Apple but do not surrender information they do not request. Apple has tried their best to do what is good for Apple but now you should consider to do what is good for celipo.

:)