Help :( (Hardware issues while gaming)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jbaird77, Jul 9, 2008.

1. jbaird77 macrumors member

Ok, yes this thread contains things about Windows, Bootcamp, and gaming..but my problem is with my hardware, with the MBP, so moderators, dont move my post please >.<.

My new 2008 17" Macbook Pro has been working great, til today. Dont get me wrong, it works fine in OSX, but when I'm using bootcamp and Windows XP SP3 the speakers on the Macbook Pro go haywire.

When playing F.E.A.R.:

-the laptop heats up a lot (which isn't a problem, as it is to be expected, around 65-70 degrees celsius)

-the disk drive makes weird noises (worse than usual)

-My speakers start to pop (anywhere from 1-100% volume) and sometimes they repeat the same noise over and over, kind of like a graphic lag but with audio.

THIS CANT BE GOOD FOR MY MBP :(

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Are your bootcamp drivers up to date? If so, try reinstalling the bootcamp drivers from the leopard DVD

3. jbaird77 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I checked the apple software update and i have the latest version, good idea though, may have to do that

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

An audio driver problem is the only thing I can think of, if reinstalling the drivers doesn't work, then maybe someone smarter than me can point you in the right direction.

Does it happen with any other games? Maybe you should reinstall FEAR too.

Standard Windows troubleshooting tips ... :D

5. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

Run the XP tool utility on the XP Disc, make it check for faults. Update Boot camp drivers. Uninstall FEAR, Install FEAR, Update FEAR, Try Again.

All this fails, uninstall XP, and repeat above process.

6. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I think that might be a little much.

7. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

Maybe for one game, but i had video issues with my desktop, and after weeks and weeks of pulling my hair out, new hardware etc, i finally uninstalled and reinstalled XP, and all was fine.

Besides, back up the files, and it only takes a couple hours, and whats more fun than sweating over a hot hard drive? ;)

8. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

And, that's why I switched to Mac. I got sick of reinstalling windows every few months for no apparent reason.