[HELP!!] Have Cydia icon but can't execute anything

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by patent10021, Feb 8, 2012.

1. patent10021, Feb 8, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2012

patent10021 macrumors 68020

patent10021

Just JB'd but I can't login using my Facebook/google acct and anything I do in Cydia crashes Cydia. I try to enter text in an app search text field or try to login to my Google or FaceBook acct in the Cydia home page and Cydia crashes. I even reinstalled the cydia installer and everything.

I Jailbroke again and Cydia still doesn't work for me. I con is there, I can open it and browse all features but the moment I try to download or enter any text or execute anything it crashes.

Help

Thanks

2. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Go to setting>General>International and change it to US.

3. patent10021, Feb 8, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2012

patent10021 thread starter macrumors 68020

patent10021

I never had to do that with PwnageTool. And I live in Japan and use Japanese. Why would I change to US? Surely, RedSn0w can't be that backwards as to not let me use my phone in its native keyboard.

Do I switch to US once and switch back to Japanese? If so, I can deal with that.

EDIT* that did the trick. How did you know? Also can I revert back? I used Japanese with PwnageTool with 4.3.3!!

4. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

If you are going to ask for help then try the suggestion and see if it works before asking why you would need to do it. I never had to do that in iOS 3X and iOS 4X too but who knows why this is happening.

I don't think you can change back to Japanese.

You can keep using the native keyboard even if you choose US in the international. Just go to keyboard and choose Japanese. If you are using two keyboards (English and Japanese) and want to have the Japanese keyboard be the primary then use the 'edit' button and place the Japanese on the top. This will make the Japanese keyboard to the the first keyboard when you need to type and English to be second.

5. patent10021 thread starter macrumors 68020

patent10021

Yes I know about the keyboard. And I did try the solution first that's why I added an edit. I was trying the solution basically the same time I posted both messages. This must be a RedSn0w problem as PwnageTool never had this problem. I'm sure they're able to fix the language localization files somewhere.

I just now switched back to Japanese system and all the JB apps work fine so it's only when you need to actually use Cydia that you need to switch to the English system.

6. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

It's been like this when i JB my iPhone 3GS (5.0). There weren't many people discussing this when i google it but i manage to find 1 site talking about it. I doubt the dev team will fix this because it's not a big problem. This will only happen when you need to bring up the keyboard in Cydia.