help hd video dvd

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by gabriel007, Aug 23, 2010.

1. gabriel007 macrumors newbie

plz help me i will like to know if u can burn hd video 1080i in a one layer dvd player and be compatible with dvds player the dvd disc be able play dvd players

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Wow, your post is really scrambled.

From what I understand (English is not my native tongue), you have an HD video in 1080i and want to burn it to a normal Single Layer (SL) DVD and be playable on a normal video DVD player, the ones normally found under a telly for example.

What exact format is that video in and what applications do you have at your disposal?

If you have a Mac, you surely have iLife, thus iDVD, which is able to create video DVDs, but not from every source format.

There is also Burn, maybe take a look at that.

Then there is Toast Titanium, but that software costs something, thus iDVD and Burn might be suited better for your purposes.

Has MRoogle brought any useful information?

If all those failed, can you please post more details on that 1080i video, like what suffix the file uses and what codec is used to compress the video?

3. gabriel007 thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry more details

i using final cut pro but i tried already but the vidos only plays on mi mac in the dvd player aperars folders htv video my video is format 1080i H.264 video format i did it with compresor

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

If you have Final Cut Pro and Compressor, you surely have DVD Studio Pro, thus you can create a video DVD with your video.

Btw, H264 is not meant for editing, unless you used H264 as the format for the Compressor transcoding process.

Compressor has several DVD presets, just make sure you choose the right one (NTSC or PAL).

Also have a look at those manuals of FCP, Compressor and DVD Studio Pro, as they explain, how to get video from FCP to DVD Studio Pro and create a simple video DVD.

5. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Spinnerlys,

You'll probably have a better idea of what's going on if you read this thread.

Lethal

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Thanks Lethal, I didn't notice that, as I don't browse the Video sub-forum as often anymore.

That other thread seems a bit messy, but that may be due to the language barrier and the OP's misconception on video DVDs.

Anyway, one can still export a 1080i sequence from FCP to DVDSP to create a normal SD video DVD, can't one?

OP, maybe take a look at Adobe Encore for creating HD-DVDs or Blu Rays.
    Toast Titanium also has a feature to write HD video as Blu Ray video to a normal DVD, which can be played in Blu Ray players. But as I haven't used that feature, I can't give you any steps, but there will be plenty of threads on this board and even one or three guides out there on how to properly do this.

You're up quite late and The Late Late Show with Sid, the Cussing Rabbit is not even on this week...

7. -DH macrumors 65816

Regular DVD players are STANDARD DEFINITION only. You could make an HD DVD, but that is a dead format that has been abandoned by its developers. HD DVDs will only play in later model Macs and in a couple of now obsolete Toshiba HD DVD players - they will NOT play in DVD players or in Windows computers.

There is only one viable option for playing HD content on optical disc: create a Blu-Ray disc. However, you will need the right software for authoring and burning as well as a Blu-ray burner.

-DH