HELP HELP!! Deleted Pictures and Emptied Trash!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by vissy02, Mar 9, 2008.

1. vissy02 macrumors newbie

Its my friends spring break - I decided to burn them a CD of the pictures so they could have their week digitally documented.... Because we took nealry 1000 pictures.
    SO - i put all the pictures in the CD icon - and sure enough - it says the file is too large to fit on the CD... so I decided I'd split it into 2 cd's and do about half on each... So - I put the scroll bar to about half way.... and Select Everything from there down... Starting with half way through the beach pictures. Then I drug them to the trash.
    And because you know how space doesn't actually free up until you've deleted the trash - so I deleted the files and emptied the trash and preceded to burn the first CD... when that was done I decided to get the other one going before I rushed off to work... When I went back to pull the files into the CD.. turns out I deleted them off of my hard drive instead of deleting them from the CD!!! So now in my mind I see that they're Gone completely... But what I"m hoping is that theres something I'm not aware of.....

UGH.. I was late to work from searching online for a recovery program.. Oh how I wish I had Leopard with Time Machine and I could go back.. UGH!!! Anyone know how I can recover lost files on a mac?? Please help! Pictures are my heart!!! I can't believe it!!! I'm so bummed!!!

Also - Don't have any money!! lol.. so I can't afford to buy a data recovery program!

2. The Flan Bandit macrumors newbie

3. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

I don't know of any free file restoration software that would work for you. If you have deleted files and then emptied the trash you should stop using the hard disk in question ASAP since OS X could be writing to the areas on the disc where the photos were thus rendering them utterly unrecoverable.

FileSalvage worked for me when I inadvertently deleted a slew of precious photos. It's not free though. It's $89.95 which was a bargain considering what it saved for me. The photos were nothing I could ever replace.

Good luck.

4. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

stop using the computer straight away! deleted files are written over straight away when doing any task.

try using Data Rescue II

5. vissy02 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Are the pictures on your friends camera still?