Help Help Help Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Bootsie, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Bootsie macrumors 6502a

Bootsie

I decided to upgrade my iphone today using WinPwn, and I tried to restore the phone before do this so that it would be fresh and ready to go. It said that the iphone could not be restored and I got the screen telling me to connect it with itunes. Itunes is not recognizing the iphone, and I tried to put it in DFU mode to continue with the unlocking but now itunes still sill not recognize it, and I cannot get the phone to do anything either, it just sits there.

PLEASE HELP ME I AM FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I brick my phone??????????? And if I did, what did I do wrong? Can I fix it? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Schmoe0013 macrumors regular

Schmoe0013

3. macintosh.apple macrumors 6502

4. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Only because I've seen this thread a 100x. You are NOT in DFU. Find something to count to 10 precisely as every hesitation seems to count. Doesn't Pwnage give you a countdown?

Are you using custom boot images? Are you legal 3G or unlocking a Gen1?

5. Bootsie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bootsie

Thanks for the responses everyone!

I don't know what was wrong, but after about 15 minutes of just pushing any button that I could and holding them for different periods of time I finally got the connect to iTunes screen back, and then iTunes recognized it.

I was able to restore it to my custom firmware and it is currently syncing with itunes with my T-mobile SIM in it.

That was a very scary 30min!!!! Thanks for the support everyone! I am probably going to have lots of questions as the days go on and I get used to this new setup.

Thanks again!

6. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore