Help help help!! Problems with FCP

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by richk79, Feb 1, 2011.

1. richk79 macrumors newbie

Hi folks,

I'm hoping this isn't a big issue, maybe I'm just too tired to figure it out myself tonight, but I've been working on an edit for the last couple of days and everytime I've exported it used QT compression it's been fine until now. Suddenly some sections of the timeline which show as rendered (green in the timeline) become not rendered as soon as I click to export (showing as red in the timeline) but when I cancel out of the export window every clip turns green again. Obviously I've re rendered the entire edit but it just does the same again when I try it again.....

any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

When you go to export from FCP basically changes the timeline settings to the export settings just for the duration of the export then it changes them back. It's normal. Also, if you are seeing a green bar that means it's unrendered. If something is rendered it will have a blue/gray bar.

Lethal

3. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

You should be exporting to compressor anyway. It's faster and does a better job.

4. jwheeler macrumors regular

How do you use compressor. I've never actually known / tried.

5. sarge macrumors 6502a

sarge

Choose File/Export/Quicktime Movie. If you like to waste HD space (or have gotten used to a buggy version of Compressor) choose to export a self-contained movie. Then open compressor, import the movie and drag your presets and that's all there is to it.