Help help help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by moongypsy524, Sep 21, 2017.

1. moongypsy524 macrumors newbie

moongypsy524

I purchased a older Mac on and everything was fine but I was going to sell it so
    I have a question so I erased the OS X in order to install it again because I was going to give it to my fiancé with a fresh install ,but now everytime I get to disk utility and sign in to the App Store in order to redownload lion it's says try back later ,I think it's doing that because I didn't put lion on it someone else did.....I don't know what to do I have no OS X at all now it's a late 2007 MacBook

Attached Files:

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Are you sure you’re connected to the internet?

3. elf69 macrumors 68020

elf69

failing that can you get lion on your other mac and make a usb drive to reinstall the 2007?

that is what I did.

I reinstalled a 2007 macbook pro this way.

4. moongypsy524 thread starter macrumors newbie

moongypsy524

Yea I think that's what I'm going to do,but I don't have another Mac and it's 20 bucks at the App Store I see that eBay sell USB drives with a bootable version of lion on it on for cheaper
    --- Post Merged, Sep 21, 2017 ---

I wonder though if I buy it from the App Store that when I sign in I will have now purchased it from the App Store then maybe the install will work then and not say try again later

5. CoastalOR macrumors 68020

CoastalOR

No, see the "Overview" section:
    https://www.apple.com/shop/product/D6106/os-x-lion
    Overview section: "What you receive: An email with a content code for the Mac App Store."
    The content code will allow you to download the Lion installer app from the Mac App Store to Mac that is capable of installing Lion.
    In your particular situation you would be better off to get a Lion USB installer.

6. Fishrrman macrumors P6

Fishrrman

Probably the best solution is to buy a USB flash drive from an eBay seller that has the OS version on it that you need. (Unless you have the capability to make one yourself)

Then... erase the internal drive and do a clean re-install of the OS.
    I would pass along the USB flashdrive to the new owner, as well. He/she may need it someday, too.

7. moongypsy524 thread starter macrumors newbie

moongypsy524

Does it have to be another Mac I was going to buy it off eBay as a digital download and put it on a USB do I have to do that task on another mac
    --- Post Merged, Sep 24, 2017 ---
    I was going to purchase a download of lion and put the file on a USB does it have to be another Mac that I use in order to put the download on the USB?

8. Tech198 macrumors G5

Is it an AppleID issue?

Other that, use local recovery or media disks..

If the original Mac has no OS, the only way to mac OS install to USB by from *within* the OS, so either restore if you can, or use another Mac to create USB.

9. Fishrrman macrumors P6

Fishrrman

"does it have to be another Mac that I use in order to put the download on the USB?"

Well, it has to be a "working" Mac.
    I don't believe you can do this using Windows on a PC.