Help here please

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by SmokeyRasta, Sep 14, 2011.

1. SmokeyRasta macrumors newbie

Howsit guys :) new here...South African:cool:

I uninstalled an application and the icon is still on the menu bar. How do i get rid of it? I have tried the CMD + drag, that does not work.

Its flipping irritating.

thanks in advance

2. marc11 macrumors 68000

3. SmokeyRasta thread starter macrumors newbie

I actually forgot but Im pretty sure that i uninstalled via the programs uninstaller

4. JasonHB macrumors regular

Hi Smokey, try the following that I found on another forum:-

When you see the icon appear, launch Activity Monitor and search through "All Processes" (select this from the pull-down menu) for anything with the name of the application in it and "Force Quit" it. This should have the effect of removing the status icon. If this works then using Spotlight, try searching your Hard Drive for anything containing the applications name along with the name of the process that you may/may not have noticed in Activity Monitor.

I hope this helps. The other option is to re-install the app, and then un-install it using something like App-Cleaner (it's free) and this will remove all associated files for that app as well.

Jason

5. SmokeyRasta thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks a lot man. Got rid of the onem the other one is still their. I am going to try your other option:D