Help! Holding at Fedex Location

Discussion in 'iPad' started by eeosman, Mar 12, 2012.

1. eeosman macrumors newbie

Can you hold your iPad shipment at Fedex location to pick up later? Is it available as a shipment option?

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Apple can initiate the hold before first delivery attempt. You can initiate after the first delivery attempt. So if you want to p/u at the station on the 16th call Apple and ask them to ask FedEx to hold.

3. Bladerunner99 macrumors member

Or just call Fedex and tell them you want it held, hopefully the can get it stopped before it goes on road. Just make sure you bring valid photo ID that matches the address on the box when you go to pick it up!

4. notjustgc macrumors 6502

I get the option right on my tracking page, idk about anyone else. See red circles in the screenshot below:

[​IMG]

5. eeosman thread starter macrumors newbie

6. mikepro macrumors 6502

Right, and if you read the details the will hold it and it will be available for pick up the first business day AFTER the scheduled delivery date. So, if you want to get it late, have them hold it for pick up.

7. rdiz17 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

If you live somewhere like an apartment or community with a leasing office you can specify for FedEx to leave it there. I know I wont be home when FedEx usually delivers in my neighborhood so I'm just going to leave a note for them to leave it in the office so I can pick it up later that day.