HELP! Home button physically stuck in

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Cortezbanks, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Cortezbanks macrumors 6502

Was perfectly fine then one day i pressed the home button, no harder then i usually do and it got stuck in. I have tried to move it around to see if i could get it free, but no luck. Anyone have same issue or know how i would fix. Unfortunately my 1 year warranty was up about a week before it happened :(

2. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

This isn't a major fix. If you can take it into an Apple Store, a genius should be able to fix this in a matter of a few minutes. If the Genius woke up on the wrong side of the bed that day then you are kind of out of luck. I guess you could try again another day but there's no gaurantee that you won't get the same Genius. If you are good with handy work then you could open the phone up and push the button back out. Since your warranty is already up then you can't void it. There are video on how to open the iPhone on YouTube, but follow the instructions carefully! There are many screws and small parts in the iPhone.

David