HELP! Home button stopped working!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mjfor40, Dec 6, 2008.

1. mjfor40 macrumors newbie

I really need some help here.

I have a first gen jailbroken iPhone (ziphone + tmobile) and today when I dropped my iPhone on the carpet (on the CARPET and I have a solid case on it!) the home button stopped working. It still makes the click sound but I can not get to the home screen at all. I've tried holding it, pushing it a few times and no luck.

This is a major problem and since it's jailbroken I can't go into Apple for help. I've had the phone for over a year and have had no problems until today.

Has anyone heard of this issue before? Am I totally screwed?

2. tylertech macrumors regular

This might not completely help you, but there is 'Close Button Widget' in Cydia, if you have that installed. It helps if you have broken home buttons, and closes open apps, though I haven't tried it. It might be useful for the time being.

3. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

Well, even if it wasn't JailBroken, I doubt Apple would give you a new phone free of charge. After all, you did drop it, even if it was onto carpet! :eek:

4. mjfor40 thread starter macrumors newbie

My phone is now not even charging correctly. I plug it to the wall or computer, it looks like it's charging for a little bit and then starts back up at the home screen with a "10% battery remaining" message. A few seconds later, the Apple logo appears and this cycle continues.

What's going on?