Help - Home Memories Stuck On Card - Not Showing

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by HelixOmnimedia, Nov 1, 2008.

1. HelixOmnimedia macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

Hey

I moved to Florida three week ago today, and on my digital camera (Sony Cybershot) had taken photos of home, and photos while being over here... and last Monday my camera froze while I was at Magic Kingdom.

I didn't think much about it, so continues using the camera the following day and up until this morning when I was asked how many photo I had taken... :eek: 258, however it only showing the photos from last monday and and my memory card is nearly empty, but its a 4GB card.

All my previous photo are gone... well it says that they're still there on the memory, but its not showing up when plugged into a MacBook or a Windows camera.

I just got a new MacBook yesterday, so this is how i noticed my problem.

PLEASE HELP RESOLVE.

2. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

Try using PhotoRescue. You can download a free trial that'll show you what it finds on the card (but doesn't let you recover them). If the missing pictures are shown, then you can buy the software and then recover the missing images.

This way you're not wasting money if the software doesn't find the missing photos - but $30 is a reasonable price for saving your missing photos.

Note that it will also find any "deleted" images that weren't written over. That means it may find other, older images that simply haven't been written over yet (if, like me, you only rarely fill the card all the way to capacity). All this means is you may find other photos mixed in with the ones you actually want to recover.