Help how can I downgrade to lion READ!

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by AppleRus, Aug 2, 2014.

1. AppleRus macrumors newbie

AppleRus

Hi, this is probably going to take a while to explain. I used sfott method to get mavericks on my mac min 2,1 now due to really low memory and slowness I desperately want to downgrade to lion but I don't know how to for instance if I try and restore it says I've got the highest os and I don't think the AppStore will let me download it again but this is how I got mavericks and sfott on my mac I partitioned my drive into to parts one with my os and then sfott and I now can't remove sfott off the partition using disk utility because It would let me I don't know if it would if I went into recovery ?? And I have the original leopard discs but I really don't want to downgrade that low is there anything I can do ?? Thanks in advance

2. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Have you tried Internet Recovery?

3. AppleRus, Aug 2, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2014

AppleRus thread starter macrumors newbie

AppleRus

4. !!! macrumors 6502

I was able to install Lion and Mountain Lion just fine. You won't be able to "downgrade", you may need to do a fresh install and copy your data over. Go to the purchased tab and look for the lion installer.

5. AppleRus thread starter macrumors newbie

AppleRus

So if I delete the sfott partition I won't get a kernal panic and I'll be fine downgrading to lion oh and also the sfott has made my system think it's a 64bit when it's a 32bit will that effect it in anyway??