Help! how can i get rid of this

Discussion in 'iMac' started by chris1184, Aug 1, 2011.

1. chris1184 macrumors regular

Hey guys pretty new to OSX ( i have lion now)....here is my question. I recently was looking for ways to access my home computer (2011 iMac) from work. I was poking around the web and saw an article about Logmein. Well long story short i installed it then decided not to use it and (thought) I deleted/uninstalled it...well everytime upon rebooting my machine on the top right where the spotlight section is located the little log me in logo appears. I cannot do anything there except just tell it to quit....how can i get rid of this? i thought i had uninstalled everything but I guess not...when i do a spot light search for logmein nothing comes up that i can see in my machine...is there a folder or somewhere i can look to delete this preference???? or do i install it on the machine again and take off the preference (hmm just thought of this) and then delete it again?

p.s. whats the easiest way to access your mac from an external machine (pc)

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The only effective method for complete app removal is manual deletion:
    I use TeamViewer, which works with Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Ubuntu, iPhone, iPad, etc. It's very secure and quite simple to set up and use.... and it's free.

3. chris1184 thread starter macrumors regular

sweet! thanks for this :)