HELP! How can I re-install only quicktime X?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lifenlive, Apr 30, 2010.

1. lifenlive macrumors newbie

I think I've deleted my quicktime player on my iMac.
    so, I have downloaded quicktime player from Apple.com and tried to install quicktime player 7.
    BUT it says i can't install quicktime player 7 because I already have quicktime X on my computer.

I can't find it at all on my computer.
    I have tried to update for my all apps but it says there's nothing to update.

How can I re-install my quicktime or even find it?
    plz help me!

2. Ice Cream Man macrumors member

Ice Cream Man

QuickTimeX is newer than QuickTime7. If i'm not mistaken the QT7 installer offers to remove, or instal over QTX.

I have QT7Pro on my Desktop, so i didn't bother replacing QTX on my lappy.

Anyway, that's why there wont be an update showing up, because QTX is the latest. And unless you need the Pro features QT7 is not going to be any better.

As for finding it, the icon is only a darkchrome 'Q' with a blue center. Maybe you just accidentally moved the icon. I always take it off the dock first thing.

If you have managed to delete QTX here is an Apple support forum thread that may help you. http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2277765

3. lifenlive thread starter macrumors newbie

then,, do you know where i can re-download it?
    I only can find quicktime 7 on apple website.
    but i want to get quicktime x as i had before.

4. Ice Cream Man macrumors member

Ice Cream Man

I took for granted that you would understand, you have it already. It's part of OSX, which is explained in the link I gave you. The options are either reinstall OSX, or just extract QTX from the OSX disk, and install it individually.