HELP!! How do I copy Disney DvD to Appletv

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by zootv, Aug 9, 2007.

1. zootv macrumors newbie

Can someone please help me. I purchased VisualHub last night and Still don't know how to use it to copy Disney Movies. I want to have all my daughter Pixar and Disney DvD on my 40gb Apple Tv.
    Thanks, Steve

2. The General macrumors 601

Err ... You didn't need to buy VisualHub.

1. Get Handbrake, install it.
    2. Insert DVD. Open Handbrake.
    3. Rip with Handbrake (choose appropriate settings, AppleTV)
    4. Put in iTunes Library.
    5. Watch on your AppleTV.

3. zootv thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, but I bought VH because everyone liked it here.

This may sound silly, but do I do with VH? Will Handbrake work with Disney Movies? Thank you. Are there any other settings I need to know of ?

4. bmb012 macrumors 6502

VH's a great program, but Handbrake the encoding for you as far as DVDs are concerned... I'd use VH for encoding any other video you want to put on the :apple:TV.

5. pjac macrumors regular

Actaully, lots of people have trouble with Disney DVDs and Handbrake due to Disney's use of copy protection. The basic advice is to first rip the DVD to the hard drive (using some other software which can cope with the copy protection) and then run HandBrake on that. Have a search on their forums:

http://handbrake.m0k.org/forum/index.php

6. meagain macrumors 68030

The General.... the "choose appropriate settings" is the hard part. :)

7. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

If Handbrake doesn't work with the disk (as happens occasionally due to protection), use MacTheRipper to rip the dvd to your hard drive and then use Handbrake to encode it - just use the Apple TV preset for the best quality (albeit a large file size)

8. mac2thefuture macrumors 65816

In gerneral i have most success with Handbrake but occasionally i've has to use MTR for the first phase.
    How do i then use Handbrake to encodes files such as VIDEO_TS.BUP / VTS_TS.IFO / VTS_01_0>VOB (lots of) etc etc. I cant get handbrake to select all the files , only one by one, Do i only need to select one file??
    :confused:

9. G4-power macrumors 6502

G4-power

I've used DVDBackup 1.3 to rip protected DVDs to my computer. After ripping them with DVDBackup they are playable on DVD Player, so I guess you could use Handbrake on top of that to make them playable on your :apple:TV. DVDBackup is available as a download on www.versiontracker.com for example.

10. eddyg macrumors 6502

Select the directory and HB will scan the contents and present you with the results.

11. Nicolasdec macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec