Help! How do I do this?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by djplaxe2109, May 1, 2014.

1. djplaxe2109 macrumors 6502

I want to make a digital advertisement with an image that moves across a picture. How should I go about this? Thanks!

2. firedept, May 1, 2014
    Last edited: May 1, 2014

firedept macrumors 603

firedept

You can do this in iMovie very easily using Picture-in-Picture feature. Here is a link on how to do it. Part way down on page under Animate the position of a picture-in-picture clip.

Should have asked this as well, what other programs do you have for possibly creating this advertisement?

3. djplaxe2109 thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't think that can do what i'm trying to do because I'm not using a video file, just two png's. I just want one png to move from one side of the screen to another in a matter of 3 seconds.

4. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

With the use of picture-in-picture plus keyframes you can do what you want in iMovie. PNG's can be imported into iMovie. Just because the links I gave you say video clips, ignore it and think PNG. It can be done in a very short time. Place your back PNG and time it to play for as long as needed, then place the other PNG using picture-in-picture plus keyframes for moving it across the back PNG.

5. pinholestars macrumors member

pinholestars

You could also do this in Keynote fairly easily.

6. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

This sounds like the sort of thing that is best done in an animated gif. Once you have things the way you want them in iMovie, gifbrewery is a $5 app that (I've heard) can make an animated gif for you.