Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huze

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 3, 2005
Is it possible to remove a song from my iPod, but have it remain in the Library? I figured that unchecking the checkboxes would do that, but no such luck. As far as I can tell, I have to delete the file from iTunes to remove it from my iPod during the next synch.

Please tell me I'm missing something.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Huze said:
Is it possible to remove a song from my iPod, but have it remain in the Library? I figured that unchecking the checkboxes would do that, but no such luck. As far as I can tell, I have to delete the file from iTunes to remove it from my iPod during the next synch.

Please tell me I'm missing something.
Did you also tell iTunes just to sync checked songs?

If that doesn't help. Make a playlist with all songs except the one you want to avoid and tell iTunes to sync that playlist and not the whole library.

2nyRiggz said:
Yes you can, just right click(control click) on the song on your ipod and remove it. The song wont be touched on your itunes list but will be removed from your ipod.
Doesn't that only work if you manually manage your iPod...?

viniit

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2007
Deleting songs on ipod

I have some podcasts that are still on my ipod but when i look for them on my library they are not there. How do I go about deleting them?

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.